||June 19, 2019
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Multimedia Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support for operational users of a major regional sports network for both office and broadcast specific equipment.
- Provide support in the management of servers, network security, and network services working in collaboration with the corporate IT staff.
- PC/Mac hardware/software support of on-site equipment; installing, servicing and repairing workstations.
- Assist with LAN related hardware as well as software and computer maintenance.
- Develop knowledge of facility specific Broadcast and IT needs, assist in supporting these systems.
- Follow signal flow and read schematics to resolve issues limiting down time.
- Equipment installation inclusive of running cabling and terminating a number of low voltage audio visual and networking connections.
- Perform maintenance on equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or higher in communications, IT, electronics, or a computer related field preferred or equivalent military training.
- 2-4 years of related broadcast experience.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Have a great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality.
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person.
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware, computer, and broadcast system technologies inclusive of installation, configuration, diagnosing, and preventative maintenance..
- Familiarity with basic network routing and IP addressing.
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure.
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with Avid related software and hardware products is a plus.
- Avid Training or an ACSR certification is a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Limited on-call duty, including weekends and holidays.
- The ability to lift equipment generally less than 50 pounds
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019