|Date Posted||June 13, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
The Summit Daily News, located in the heart of the Colorado Rockies, is in need of a photographer/videographer. Here at the Summit Daily, we punch above our weight, producing award-winning, impactful journalism that seeks to strengthen the bonds of our communities.
We live to tell the story of Summit County, where people from across the country come to worship the outdoors. We're looking for an adventurous spirit with a love for mountain towns.
This position does it all from photographing local high school sports to Olympic athletes and weekend events to wildfires. This position will support the Summit Daily team by shooting photos on assignment, covering breaking news and cultivating videos and photos for the daily newspaper in addition to various magazines, social media platforms and websites.
Full disclosure: It snows here — a lot, if we're lucky.
To Apply, Please visit www.swiftcom.com/careers and select job 1776.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Command of photo/video techniques, sophisticated craftsmanship, and the ability to create and develop visual storytelling across multiple platforms.
• Seek out appropriate visual journalism subjects and opportunities.
• Produce 5 videos per week in addition to daily photos.
• Edit and upload photos and videos to CMS, writing cutlines for each.
• Video editing and production, including DSLR, iPhone and GoPro.
• Photograph and document breaking news on deadline.
• Manage company Instagram with multiple daily posts including original and reader-submitted photos.
• Set Facebook live and Instagram story strategy for newsroom and lead production of that content.
• Attend staff meetings and communicate routinely with editors, designers and peers within the organization.
• Adhere to the newsroom workflow to meet all deadlines.
• The right fit for this position will understand the 24/7 news cycle and the role of multimedia projects as they relate to audience engagement.
• 1 to 2 years of training and/or on-the-job experience
• Excellent listening, speaking and written communication skills.
• Strong digital skills with understanding of various platforms utilized in production of stories and photographs
• Creativity and attention to detail.
• Strong interest in news and the community.
• Must be able to work outside in varied weather conditions.
• Must have the ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must provide own equipment.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.