||July 18, 2019
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KHGI/KFXL is seeking an Business Manager to perform accounting duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. Accounting duties include assisting with management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station, as well as ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulation, and GAAP reporting guidelines. The candidate will also be responsible for the Human Resources function at the station.
- Assisting with management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station and ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines
- Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
- Preparation of month end journal entries, financial statements, forecast, reports, variance analysis, etc.
- Reviews balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Interaction with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information
- Manages and prepares payroll process
- Assists in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller
- Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADA, and EEO
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of all HR and payroll related systems, including Oracle Cloud HRIS.
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Oversee the station Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator who is responsible for all other HR and Payroll functions of the station in cooperation with Corporate HR and payroll
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent, or enrolled towards such degree
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in Accounting and Human Resources
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of payroll, human resources, internal control procedures and general ledger
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- The ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
- Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019