|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
Napa Valley Publishing is looking for a motivated and talented reporter to cover Napa Valley’s signature industry: wine. The right candidate should have some experience covering business or agriculture, and be interested in enterprise reporting. We’re looking for someone who is able to tell the story of the wine business and the people behind it, making the industry accessible to readers who may not be involved, but are affected every day. The right person must have sound news judgment, be a self-starter and be inquisitive. Photography skills and fluency in Spanish are pluses. Local candidates or candidates able to self-relocate only, please.
• Covering all aspects of the Napa Valley wine industry, along with the growing beer and spirits sectors, and potentially cannabis production.
• Planning content and coverage on a daily basis.
• Multi-media savvy.
• 2-3 years reporting experience preferred.
• Self-motivated, innovative, and creative.
• Must be able to manage multiple daily deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining professionalism in the workplace.
• Photography experience a plus.
• Possess a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism or related field.
• Must possess reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance.
• Pre-employment drug screen and background check required upon offer of employment.
Excellent medical, dental and 401k with matching, and paid time off.
Who We Are
Napa Valley Publishing includes The Napa Valley Register, The St. Helena Star, and The Weekly Calistogan. Napa Valley Publishing is a division of Lee Enterprises, a leading provider of local news, information and advertising in primarily midsize markets, with 46 daily newspapers and a joint interest in four others, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 23 states. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at https://napavalleyregister.com/workhere
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, references and clips of their work.