|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
The Tahoe Tribune is looking for a new Editorial Leader! The Editor will know how to direct an Editorial team while producing content and ensuring the quality of coverage of South Lake Tahoe, CA. The Tribune editor’s main function is to oversee the editorial production and staff of all print and electronic publications. Administrative supervision of the newsroom also included. If you love the mountains as much as you love Journalism, we want to hear from you!
To Apply: Please visit www.swiftcom.com/careers and select job 1771.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Faithfully executes the publisher/general manager vision of the newspaper through multiple platforms.
• Supervise editorial department, including editors, reporters and photographers and outside freelancers.
• Coordinate overall news and feature coverage.
• Writes editorials on pertinent issues to the community
• Handle annual performance agreements for all department staff and assist publisher to develop annual department budget.
• Responsible for training staff in posting material to the Internet and social media, digital audio and video material.
• Coordinate staff in posting material to the web and social media through the day.
• Read, edit writers' material and coach them when necessary.
• Involved in community & cultivates relationships with community members
• Communicates routinely and as needed with all members of the organization and with peers in Swift Communications
• Enforce company policies on ethics, copyright and plagiarism.
• Employee hiring, supervision, review, development and discipline
• Other duties as outlined and required by the publisher/general manager
• Excellent communications and listening skills, both written and verbal
• Strong computer/digital skills with understanding of various platforms and mastery over computer/digital programs and software utilized in production of stories and photographs
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Reporting, writing, editing, social media and management experience.
• Working knowledge of Associated Press
• Champion of journalistic integrity and ethics
• Experience in a newsroom environment
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to handle stress and difficult situations
• Versatile, forward-thinking and innovative
• Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
• College Degree Required.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.