||July 16, 2019
Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape!
We seek a Senior Product Manager to drive the growth and innovation of Sinclair Digital’s and promote the development of leading-edge news and entertainment audience experiences via publishing tools for the broadcast industry. The Sinclair Publishing Platform Senior Product Manager will deliver product strategies and plans that drive platform innovation, scalability and reliability.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be expected to…
- Develop a multi-year roadmap for our publishing platform to illustrate and communicate the vision, positioning and plan for the future.
- Provide thought leadership by comparing products assessing the competition, and developing strategies and tactics to reduce threats and capitalize on new market trends.
- Identify and validate customer needs through research and market data.
- Develop and validate sets of hypotheses on market & customer problems.
- Develop user stories for current and future products based on validated market & customer problems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the prioritization of product features.
- Develop and maintain a robust backlog of product feature investments.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Analyze various market segments and make recommendations to leadership and stakeholders on the best ones to pursue and prioritize.
- Leverage product data analytics to manage key performance indicators and operational key results for your products.
- Support the rollout of new products with sales, training, advertising, support and production teams.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define and execute on product marketing communications objectives.
- Inspire stakeholders, executives and delivery teams by clearly communicating product vision and planning designed to deliver measurable business impact.
- Collaborate with Scrum team members to plan and execute: PI Planning, Lean UX, and technical ladder breakdowns.
- Establish and maintain clear forms of communication with stakeholders, executives and team members that accurately provide guidance, direction and status of Product strategy, roadmaps and initiatives.
- Decompose product initiatives into supporting epics.
- Continue professional and technical education, attending workshops, seminars, etc.
The ideal candidate will have...
- 4+ years of experience planning, leading and implementing customer- and business-centric product strategies for innovative software development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Product Design, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing publishing platforms or content management systems.
- 2+ years of experience delivering responsive websites, mobile apps, feed syndication, and related technologies.
- Knowledge of user-centric design and branding deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and style guides.
- Strong experience communicating to management and stakeholders using written and verbal skills.
- Expertise in personal organization, time management, decision-making and problem-solving.
- Experience in media/video production, streaming/broadcast media/news publishing and distribution, ad technology, or data analytics a big plus.
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification or Pragmatic Certified a big plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel for company business.
About The Company
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experience. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019