|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
We seek a great managing editor to lead our talented newsroom staff.
Our offer to you.
1. Work and play in a mountain paradise. World class hiking, biking, skiing, fishing and hunting and a reasonable cost of living. 92nd percentile ranking in New York Times for all U.S. counties for quality and ease of life in the 5th happiest state.
2. Flourish and grow leading a nationally recognized news team while being challenged to do your best work.
3. Freedom to write investigative, feature, enterprise and hard news with a flexible schedule and generous paid time off (4-weeks paid), benefits (including health club membership, health insurance stipend and retirement plan.)
4. Stability and commitment to excellence. News drives readership. Readership drives success. We were selected as a Report for America newspaper adding another full-time staff member to our already flush editorial staff. We keep our newsroom fully staffed. We have 3 full-time reporters, a full-time Report for America corps member, and an off-site proofreader and copy editor. We are perennially one of the best newspapers in the country. Multiple General Excellence awards, 3,000-6,000 circulation, National Newspaper Association. Family-owned for 60+ years.
5. Opportunity to advance. This position has growth potential into Associate Publisher and/or GM. Further, as a member of a 9-state newspaper federation with over 25 daily and weekly titles there is ample opportunity to grow and advance. We train from within and advance from within. Our papers are located in Washington, Idaho, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota and Michigan.
What we need.
1. Commitment to excellence. Work hard. Play hard. Love your job. Tell great stories on deadline with great art.
2. Willingness to learn. Whether you have 3 years experience or 30, we all need to learn and grow, lest we become stagnant and irrelevant.
3. Willingness to lead and contribute. Anyone can tell others what to do. We expect everyone to walk the walk. Produce excellent, clean copy daily. Help each other. Life's too short to be selfish.
4. Experience. We would prefer AT LEAST 3-5 years of newspaper leadership experience but are willing to train and mentor the right candidate.
5. Play well with others. We have a zero tolerance for drama, anger issues, or office politics.
How to get here.
1. Please send cover letter, resume, 2 excellent clips, salary requirements to email@example.com
Compensation: Salary from $45,000 and up with generous benefit package including 4 weeks of paid time off, health stipend, holiday pay, retirement, and gym membership.