|Date Posted||September 18, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
The Times of Northwest Indiana is seeking an energetic copy editor with a passion for ensuring accuracy, fairness and style, a knack for writing headlines, an eye for detail and the ability to occasionally oversee the nightly operation. This position will be part of a three-person copy desk for our award-winning newspaper and website.
• Help oversee all live pages of the newspaper, news, business and sports.
• Help ensure that news and sports make deadlines.
• Help track page flow and proof pages.
• Help make story-play decisions on late-breaking news.
• Help with basic reporting duties on occasion.
• Strong editing and design skills.
• Ability to organize, juggle many tasks, set priorities and make deadline.
• Broad knowledge of AP style and a quick study on NWI style, press law, spelling and grammar.
• Understanding of community standards for taste.
• Unswerving dedication to accuracy.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Ability to help manage flow of content to web.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least 3 years of experience on a daily copy desk preferred.
Learn more or apply online at www.nwi.com/timesjobs.