|Date Posted||September 14, 2021|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
The Washington Examiner is a political news organization based in Washington, DC. It is looking to hire a digital-savvy, driven journalist to join our team as a copy editor.
Responsibilities for this positions include:
• Copy editing stories, including opinion and news, for accuracy and grammar.
• Utilizing newsroom CMS to format stories, including the addition of graphics, video, and meta tags.
• Regularly following the news cycle and looking for emerging stories and topics to pitch.
• Managing breaking news alerts across platforms, including browser, mobile, and email.
Requirements for this positions:
• Online newsroom experience.
• Experience with producing news content for social distribution, as well as search and SEO best practices.
• Sound news judgment and best practices under time pressure.
• One to three years of experience managing or producing content as part of a news organization.
• Comfort embracing emerging storytelling techniques and technologies.
• News junkie.
• A college degree.
Additionally, all members of this team should embrace:
• Working for a politics-centered news outlet in downtown Washington, D.C.
• Thinking big, working wisely and quickly iterating.
• Seeing a project through from start to finish.
• Working with newsroom peers.
• Having ideas on what the future of online news looks like.
Applicants will be expected to complete a copy-editing exam.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send a resume and references to David Sivak at email@example.com. Applicants will be expected to complete a copy-editing exam.