|Date Posted||October 30, 2019|
|Salary||$75-100 per story|
Digital Media Company Covering Politics and Government Seeks Freelance Writers
The Well News a digital publication shining the light on the pragmatic and fiscally responsible and under-reported stories of good government is seeking freelance writers.
We're looking for writers who are genuinely interested in public policy and the thought leaders and policymakers who are actually getting things done.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in journalism with a minimum of 2 years of experience covering Congress.
Writing assignments include:
- Four top news stories per week – approximately 250-300 words
- Long form special reports written as needed – approximately 500-750 words
The ideal candidate will:
- Find and identify stories with little guidance from senior editors
- Conduct interviews via phone and/or email
- Closely follow style guidelines with little need for supervision
- Fact check with multiple sources and ensure accuracy of their reporting
- Rates range from $75-100 per story depending on the scope of the assignment and the level of experience of the writer.
- Long form special reports and enterprise reporting will range from $500-750 depending on the length and scope of the project.
Please submit a resume and a minimum of three examples of your work to Dan McCue, content editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is available starting January 1.