||May 03, 2021
Eleven Warriors, where Ohio State fans gather, is seeking a full-time football recruiting analyst.
We're looking for a creative, efficient, and dedicated reporter to lead Eleven Warriors' coverage of Ohio State football recruiting.
In this role, you'll cover the entire lifecycle of the football recruiting process for the Buckeyes, from fast-rising talents to offers and commitments and all the way through the signing of the class. Your voice will instantly impact the conversation on the beat.
Smoothly transitioning from hard news to features is no problem for you. You'll work smart and have the soft skills necessary to build relationships with members of the Ohio State football team's staff, high school coaches, prospects, the families of prospects, and peers within the industry.
This role will:
- Lead Eleven Warriors' efforts covering Ohio State football recruiting
- Profile up-and-coming prospects, players who have received an Ohio State offer and commitments, including interviews, analysis, and evaluations
- Attend and cover Ohio State football recruiting events, including football camps, all-star games
- Assist with coverage of Ohio State football and basketball games and Ohio State Department of Athletics events
- Demonstrate solid news judgment in editing and story selection, knowing when to react objectively and when to inject opinion
- Use the Eleven Warriors' publishing platform to deliver rich, interactive stories, featuring videos, photos, charts, tables, and other media
- Leverage social media channels to monitor news, report on news, find sources, develop relationships and further the reach and social influence of the site
- Foster a sense of community on the site by engaging with readers both on-site and via social channels
- 2-3 years experience in print or online publishing
- Flexibility with regards to work schedule and work environment – sports gives us gifts at weird hours
- Working knowledge of web technologies such as content management systems, image, and video hosting platforms, and other similar services
- Strong editing skills, the ability to write clean copy quickly, and demonstrated knowledge of AP Style rules and guidelines
- Proficiency with social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Snapchat, etc.
- Must be willing to work in Columbus, Ohio
- Enjoy the satisfaction of hard work and innovative thinking paying off
- Have advanced multimedia experience: photography, photo editing, video editing, etc.
- Embrace driving the conversation on Ohio State football recruiting
Does this sound like you? Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021