|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
Ogden Newspapers is immediately seeking a full-time page designer/copy editor to join our dynamic team and produce eye-catching print designs and accurate pages for a savvy audience in the Standard-Examiner and Daily Herald newspapers.
These newspapers cover key areas along the Wasatch Front, including Weber, Davis and Utah counties, bookending the Salt Lake Valley. These newsrooms have a passion for community journalism and sharing those stories in the best possible way through words, images and layout.
A successful candidate will be creative, team oriented and deadline conscious with a firm grasp of AP style, grammar, punctuation and news judgment. At least one year of layout or copy editing experience is preferred (particularly with InDesign), but a willingness and ability to learn quickly is required.
This is an entry- to mid-level position that includes working midweek and weekend shifts from about 2 p.m. to 11:30, including some holidays. Ogden Newspapers offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), sick time and paid vacation, after an initial period.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Degree in journalism or similar field.
• Experience with Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop.
• An eye for visual presentation and creativity.
• Willingness to produce different sections of the paper, including news, sports and entertainment.
• Thorough understanding of grammar and AP style.
• Mastery of journalistic ethics and passion for the field.
• Strong ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate clearly with team members.
• Previous news experience.
• Knowledge of Adobe’s InDesign.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Please attach a resume, cover letter and a link (or links) to at least three work samples, preferably showcasing previous education or environmental coverage. Send to Jordan Carroll at email@example.com.
Send your resume to this employer.