|Date Posted||April 18, 2017|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
The Central Penn Business Journal, an award-winning leader in online and print business journalism, seeks an experienced journalist to cover stories that matter to the Lancaster-Harrisburg-York area.
This ideal candidate thrives on seeking out compelling and investigative stories, but is able to pivot for quick-breaking news online when needed. We pursue stories that matter to the business decision makers in the midstate, home to the state capital. How do we make money? Where do we invest it? How do we compete in our industry?
The Journal's professional approach stands out in the business-to-business community. The in-depth weekly print publication is a must-read for business insiders. Our daily online readers expect that we stay atop business news. Our journalists are trained to cultivate key business sources in the community.
Specifically, we are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent writing and reporting skills. This is not an entry-level position, but we will consider recent college graduates depending on their skill level.
- The ability to write for a variety of audiences and deadlines – we take the time to develop weekly, monthly and yearly publications. We cover online breaking news as it happens. The ways we reach readers involve video, social media and photography.
- The flexibility to innovate and change when needed. Business journalism is challenging. We need leaders for our newsroom.
- The desire to collaborate: It's important to be able to work well with many departments in the company – web, graphics, photography.
- An eye for following audience analytics. What do our readers want? How can we help them find it?
If interested, send resume, cover letter and samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017