~~PART TIME REPORTER – Cyclicals/Transportation Topics
ABOUT THE COMPANY
OTR Global (OTR®), founded in 1995, is a leading investment research firm with offices in North America, Europe and Asia. The recognized leader in marketplace research, OTR pioneered its channel-checking methodology by developing a comprehensive base of industry sources and an in-depth understanding of complex, global product supply chains and distribution channels. OTR's unique approach relies on journalistic principles and is utilized by the firm's more than 130 research personnel located in more than 18 countries.
OTR aggregates, compares and contrasts extensive marketplace data and prepares research reports for institutional investors (primarily mutual funds and hedge fund managers). Sources are interviewed via telephone, typically on a quarterly basis, which subsequently provides the basis for OTR reports. OTR's mission is to aggregate information from nontraditional sources, compare it with expectations and look for dislocations or inflection points that provide investment opportunities for our clients.
The Cyclicals/Transportation Reporter should be adept at reporting on a broad array of topics within the industry, preferably Trucking, Shipping, and other related topics. The individual in this role will work closely with various Cyclical editors to provide relevant and timely marketplace intelligence for the global investment community by conducting source interviews, analyzing and interpreting gathered information, compiling research reports and presenting findings. The ideal candidate will possess extensive industry contacts beyond public relations and demonstrate the ability to speak to dealers, buyers, transportation executives, and other industry contacts about business trends, as well as develop new source relationships. Strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to take ownership along with idea generation are other key aspects of the role. The individual in this role reports to the Director of Cyclicals Research.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Strong background working in or writing about the Cyclicals/Transportation industry, marketing research, or in journalism
• The ideal candidate is persistent and inquisitive and will be able to build up and maintain a source base of industry sources in the United States
• Understanding of key trends shaping the Cyclicals/Transportation industry and its leading operators, and an ability to identify inflections in those trends
• Well developed, positive communication skills; ability to clearly articulate findings to the research team and to clients
• The ability to analyze and identify essential findings and draw a defendable conclusion is critical; strategize and think broadly forward
• Stellar organizational and project management skills, proactive thinking, ability to meet deadlines, multitask and work under pressure; schedule flexibility a must
• The ideal candidate will be able to work well within a team and independently, and be comfortable working remotely; self-starter and a quick learner
• Excellent writing and interviewing skills with a knack for interpreting interview findings and spotting discrepancies in a story. Experience with financial writing a plus
• The ability to maintain a positive attitude, self-motivation and confidence
• This is a telecommuting, hourly position.
Send resume to: