|Date Posted||February 22, 2017|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Salary||$45,000 to $50,000|
New York Jewish Life is a NEW weekly newspaper distributed in predominantly Jewish communities in the New York City Metro area. Managing Editor will report to the Publisher/Editor, coordinating all editorial content for the publication that closes every Tuesday at office in Whitestone, Queens.
- Coordinate all news coverage including developing and assigning stories to freelance reporter/writers
- Manage freelance reporter/writers schedules and deadlines
- Edit stories for content and writing quality
- Writing or rewriting short stories for newspaper
- Update website daily
- Ability to work (remotely) on weekends a must
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Great organizational and communication skills
- Solid writing
- Good news judgment
- 2-3 years experience at a newspaper as a reporter or editor
- Knowledge of wordpress
- Proficient in social media
- Understanding of New York’s diverse Jewish communities a plus
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use subject line: Managing Editor.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017