||October 18, 2019
||Magazines / Publishing
Houstonia Magazine is seeking a self-motivated, meticulous team-player for an immediate opening in the position of Associate Editor, in Houston, Texas. The editor should have reporting experience, be comfortable with long-form journalism, and know how to tell complex stories creatively. The editor should be at home contributing to our service-journalism packages, as well as our front-of-book section. Writing/editing longer personal essays, travel, and profile pieces also comes with the territory, as does the ability to balance large projects with daily blogging. We are looking for someone with strong writing, editing, and reporting skills, a love for storytelling, and a strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Position: Associate Editor
- City: Houston
- Duration: Full-time
- Job Requirements: 2 years minimum editorial experience • Bachelor’s degree preferred • Strong writing, editing, and reporting skills • Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment • Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy • Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills • Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information
- About Our Company: Houstonia is an award-winning, 85,000-circulation publication dedicated to the highest standards in editorial and design, based in one of the nation’s largest and most interesting cities.
- Benefits: Competitive salary + health, 401k, more
- Company: Houstonia Magazine
- Contact Address: 447 Heights Blvd. Houston, TX 77007
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Name: Cathy Matusow
- How to Apply: Please send cover letter, résumé, and PDFs or links to relevant samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Associate Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019