IDG Enterprise is looking for a seasoned technology journalist to be Senior Editor of its CSOonline.com website and CSO print magazine.
The position requires strong features assignment and editing skills, the ability to drop everything and write a news or analysis story, and management experience. The winning candidate will be an online CMS veteran; he or she will have print production knowledge and experience managing special projects, such as awards programs and digital editions. A desire to work with and develop multimedia projects is a must. We are looking someone to bring innovative new ideas for stories, content and ways to reach our readers. Enthusiasm for developing a beat, enterprising unique story ideas and trying new things required. A flair for public speaking is a plus.
IDG Enterprise is the leading publisher of IT-focused sites and publications, including CSO, CIO, Computerworld, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World. CSO is the leading IT security publication, and it produces some of the industry’s best security conferences.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 2-3 years editorial management experience
• At least 5 years of assigning and editing experience, including management of freelance authors and bloggers
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in a wide range of IT security issues
• Solid news reporting and analysis writing
• A successful track record with online content creation and curation
• Experience creating online slideshow stories
• An active social media presence; knows how to promote content
• A solid understanding of SEO strategy and experience with using analytics to grow online readership
• Experience with video and/or podcasting is a major plus.