Wikipedia Writer Editor
June 26, 2013
The Wikipedia Marketing Associate will lead the content and implementation of Wikipedia communications copy - be 'the Wiki Expert:- as expressed through all areas of Wikipedia editing, writing and content creation.
A background in writing for the web with heavy editing skills is a must.
- Monitor, assemble & create content for Wikipedia and other social media channels as needed.
- Serve as an editor-in-chief for social media channels and communications content.
- Develop and edit content for articles and other public relations and marketing communications materials
- Coordinate with management and clients to direct social media conversations and need for response
- Drive social media landscape research to develop a competitive advantage Wikipedia.
- Develop comprehensive editorial calendar. Drive content through an editorial calendar of activities and events in order to maintain relevant, engaging content through all social media channels.
- Manage editorial calendar consisting of content provided by other departments and strategic partners. Edit content to meet brand standards and guidelines.
- Establish consistency of message across multiple networks and work to ensure proper messaging is being published online.
- Capture and report relevant performance metrics for Wikipedia and other channels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to incorporate social media into marketing campaigns, events, lead generation, and PR programs and launches.
- Work with in-house staff and client to continually evolve and upgrade social media presence to be at the forefront of web technology.
- Conceptualize, design, create and manage content and social media campaigns and generate buzz through viral marketing initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of social media strategy with a strong emphasis on Wikipedia.
- Identify existing and emerging tools needed to execute.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 2-3 years as a volunteer/professional Wikipedia editor
- Experience/skill in editing in a great variety of different subjects including non-profit, spirituality and religion, biographies of living persons while being mindful of wikipedia etiquette and policy
- Experience/Ability in finding reliable sources for edits and appropriating their content for Wikipedia editing purposes
- Experience/Ability in using Wikipedia tools
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Wikipedia policy, including neutral point of view, reliable sources and original research
- Ability to propose, argue and defend wikipedia edits in the discussion pages of assigned articles
- Experience in participating in mediation, arbitration and dispute resolution in case of edit conflicts
- Experience and passion for social media and social networking and the web
- Strong business and thought provoking writer
- Understanding of or experience with the following areas: PR, promotions, intermediate web knowledge
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Independent self-starter; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be strategic thinking and have a result-oriented mind
- Relationship oriented. Able to build and maintain ongoing relationships with internal and external influencers.
- Internet and technology advocate who understands key technologies currently used for social media. Knows how they integrate and how to customize them for our use.
- Ability to stay on top of new media trends and technology
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential; strong, dedicated work ethic a must.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, managing many projects simultaneously. Must be hands-on as well as strategic.
Interested candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and an example of your writing skills. We must know:
- Have you written for Wikipedia?
- Have you edited any articles on Wikipedia? What sort of research have you sourced?
- Are you currently an Admin on Wikipedia?
- If so, for how long?
- How often do you edit on Wikipedia?
- Have you ever encountered issues editing? Have you ever been banned for content?
Highlight this info in your cover and let us know why you are a great fit. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2009