Weather.com is expanding. The leading website for weather news and information is looking for an associate editor. The ideal candidate will know how to create content that grabs audiences, and understand how users consume content online. This contract position will be based at headquarters for The Weather Channel in Atlanta. The successful candidate must be willing and able to work all shifts including nights and weekends.
- Generate story ideas
- Produce stories and slideshows
- Homepage editing
- Identify breaking news stories that fit under our verticals
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Ability to craft headlines that engage readers
- Sharp writing and editing skills
- Experience in a breaking news environment
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- High comfort level with various content management systems
- Knowledge of HTML
- Weather and science knowledge
- Understanding of web analytics
- BA in a related field (Journalism, Communications, etc.)
Send resume and five writing samples.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job, by submitting a resume, candidates understand and acknowledge that The Weather Channel will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.