CRAIN'S DETROIT BUSINESS—Detroit's leading weekly business publication and daily news website for upper-level executives and business owners. Our readers are interested in news and information that helps them understand economic trends, make decisions about business strategy and understand public policy and civic issues that affect living and working in metro Detroit.
Job Title: Designer/editor
The ideal candidate will be a strong designer with some demonstrated editing ability who sees design as an important part of the story-telling in high-quality journalism and enjoys working actively with reporters, editors and other staff members toward that end. This position is the “keeper of the brand” in ensuring consistent design message across platforms.
- Conceptualizing high-quality design for print and digital. Is expected to execute major display work in print and have a good understanding of how digital design is executed.
- Assigning/overseeing the assembly of art, photography and other design elements.
- Producing graphics, tables, maps
- Actively communicate with reporters and other editors to produce strong presentation for stories and other news elements.
- Ability to assume management responsibilities to produce print and online sections and special supplements.
- Copy editing
- Headline writing
- Strong skills and several years performing the above responsibilities with a newspaper, trade publication or magazine.
- Digital experience helpful
Crain Communications Inc. is one of the largest privately owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in its respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism that readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the careers section.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.