WSPA USA seeks a proactive digital manager to execute on WSPA’s global digital communications strategy. Collaborating with WSPA International’s digital team in London, s/he supports the overall goal of building WSPA’s online presence and effectively communicating with key audiences. The U.S. digital manager is responsible for creatively and proactively enhancing and maintaining WSPA USA’s website and microsites; creating and editing WSPA’s digital and video materials; identifying web optimization opportunities; and coordinating all e-communications to our U.S. digital supporter base. With a web strategy that has fundraising as a priority, s/he collaborates closely with the U.S. fundraising and campaigns departments to design, coordinate and execute their digital needs.
- With direction from U.S. Communications Manager, develop and execute WSPA USA’s innovative digital concepts and strategies, as well as functional plans for digital platforms
- Responsible for all WSPA USA digital assets:
- Coordinate U.S. involvement in all new International digital initiatives
- Liaise with the International team to obtain digital elements for new and existing WSPA campaigns
- Manage the U.S. website development / e-communications calendar, coordinating across all departments
- Recommend technology and vendors to support digital and marketing goals.
- Lead creative efforts across all WSPA USA’s digital communications:
- Regularly create new online visuals in order to keep WSPA USA websites, e-communications and social media channels fresh and engaging
- Proactively identify ways in which WSPA USA can incorporate multimedia into fundraising, campaigns and communications efforts
- Manage and maintain WSPA USA’s main website and all microsites:
- Day-to-day, ensure content on all sites is up-to-date, accurate and properly branded
- Proactively identify ways to make sites more interactive and donor-friendly; coordinate with appropriate departments to execute these ideas in a timely manner
- Ensure new web content (web stories, press releases, etc.) is posted in a timely manner
- Design and post new campaigns pages, donation landing pages, online actions and/or microsites, as needed; monitor and report on user / supporter engagement
- In partnership with the Communications Manager and the Director of Development, manage all WSPA USA e-communications:
- Create the layouts for all e-communications and obtain text from appropriate departments
- Arrange execution of all e-communications, including monthly e-newsletters, action alerts, e-appeals and news alerts
- Provide guidance and oversight on department-specific mass emails (welcome emails to new donors, emails to partners, etc.)
- Oversee maintenance of email lists and ensure all advocacy lists are uploaded into our e-communications database and welcomed
- Manage digital budget; coordinate all expenses and invoicing with vendors
- Train additional WSPA employees in key digital software, depending on their department/needs
- Provide the Communications Manager with monthly performance metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least five (5) years of experience with digital marketing, database management and graphic design.
- Experience with SEO/online optimization.
- Proficiency in website and social media management.
- Experience with email software.
- Familiarity with digital creation and editing (graphics, images, etc.)
- An ability to manage projects from start to finish, including ongoing analysis of impact and results.
- Must be able to work as a team, as well as independently.
- Must be proactive, well-organized and able to multitask.
- Experience in Tridion, Engaging Networks, Capitol Advantage and/or Exact Target
- An ability to write compellingly for the web, social networks and other digital media
- Experience in basic programming preferred
For more than 30 years, WSPA has brought relief and protection to millions of animals across the world. Today, working in more than 50 countries, WSPA continues to collaborate with local communities, NGOs and governments to change animals’ lives for the better. WSPA also acts for animals at a global level, using the organization’s United Nations consultative status to give animals a voice. If you have the qualifications for this particular role, and share WSPA’s passion for animal welfare, please let us know of your interest by applying.
Please send a cover letter including salary requirements, and your resume, to email@example.com. For consideration the reference code HR2-IWM must be in the subject line. Applications without salary requirements may not be considered. No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until filled. WSPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.