Are you in love with design? Do you redecorate your home in your mind every day? Does the look and feel of a beautiful product sing to you? Are you all over Etsy, casting judgment on the good and the bad? Want to play with the latest home appliances and gadgets before they hit the market, and find out how well they work?
Reviewed.com, a division of USA TODAY, is leading a revolution of how people understand, shop for, and use the latest electronics and consumer appliances internationally. Comprised of publications including WasherDryerInfo.com, RefrigeratorInfo.com, OvenInfo.com, DigitalCameraInfo.com, HeadphoneInfo.com, and TelevisionInfo.com, Reviewed.com continues its 12-year tradition of unbiased, independent, and unique product reviews. We pride ourselves on being an organization where great ideas are listened to and implemented. If you want to make a difference and play a role in the creation of something great that helps people, this is a great position for you! We're looking for smart, passionate, hard-working and innovative individuals to join our team.
* Writing blog posts and in-depth features on home design and product design
* Writing reviews new and existing web sites with guidance and assistance from our editorial team
* Testing and analyzing consumer appliances
* Innovating new ways to educate readers about debut technology in the appliance sector
* Planning and development of new content and editorial offerings
* Traveling to industry shows and events to cover news and product announcements
* Experience writing professionally, preferably about technology
* A love of technology, gadgets, remodeling and home appliances
* Photography and videography experience
* The ability to write quickly, clearly, and analytically
* Experience using and writing about design and/or home appliances is preferred
* Experience managing content teams in a collaborative setting
* Excellent communication skills
The company is located in Somerville, MA, steps from the Red Line in Davis Square. No telecommuting.
The office environment is high energy, with a comfortable setting and hardworking, smart staff. Best of all, we get to play with gadgets all day!
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and 2 writing samples or your press clips to SKelley@reviewed.com. Please use "Full Time Design Writer" as the subject line of your email. Samples should be relevant to product reviews or demonstrate your knowledge of design, technology and home decor.