Eberly & Collard Public Relations
Public Relations Coordinator (Permanent or Contract Position)
March 15, 2013
When applying, mention that you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Eberly & Collard Public Relations is a full-service, national Public / Media Relations, Social Media and Advertising firm that specializes in the Home, Garden, Design, Architecture / Building, and Agribusiness Industries. Client services primarily include Public Relations, Media Relations, Social Media, Marketing Planning / Execution, Brand Development / Execution, Market Research, Copywriting, Photography, and Advertising. The firm is located in downtown Atlanta in SoNo / Old Fourth Ward.
The full-time, contracted or permanent Public Relations Coordinator will be responsible for assisting and supporting the co-owners, employees, clients, and subsidiaries of the company in a variety of functions essential to fundamental Public / Media Relations, Branding, Marketing, and Advertising programs / campaigns as well as assisting with client / account management. Research, writing and organization are key elements of the job. Training will be provided, and the employee will be enabled to stretch his / her skill sets and scope of responsibility as he / she professionally and accurately drives the process.
Key job components:
- Working within Marketing Communications with an emphasis upon Public / Media Relations; assisting with account management (across select client accounts) under the supervision of the firm’s senior personnel, supporting the development / implementation of strategic plans, programs and campaigns.
- Conducting market / media and client-based research, and applying findings to projects and campaigns.
- Co-facilitating Social Media campaigns for the firm and clients to include research, development, assignments, interactions, analysis, reporting, and management.
- Assisting with reading / monitoring and reporting on all publications important to the company / clients.
- Writing and executing a variety of content including press releases, articles, product profiles, event briefs, lists, charts, reports, mailings, etc.
- Providing support and assistance with organized and strategic Media Relations.
- Assisting with the development of story angles and creative brainstorming.
- Disseminating, tracking, monitoring for, and reporting on press releases and other news channels.
- Assisting with photo shoots, photo file management and / or coordinating interviews.
- Coordinating and assisting with tradeshows, speaking engagements and media events.
- Researching online and directory information to support the firm’s new business development efforts.
- Developing matrixes and presentations for evaluating effectiveness / progress of campaigns and measuring / reporting results.
- Scheduling and assisting with Speakers’ Bureau / press tours / book tours.
- Preparing, submitting, tracking a variety of media kits, packets and digital photo libraries to editors, clients, and others.
- Assisting with advertising planning, buying, and scheduling.
- Writing reports outlining activities, results, goals, objectives, and deliverables for the firm, team members, and clients.
- Maintaining / organizing / tracking hardcopy and electronic file systems.
- Typing, copying, dictation writing, letter writing, pitch writing / implementation.
- Satisfying a mix of evolving and deadline-oriented employer / client needs and expectations with a high level of flexibility and professionalism.
Required skills and background:
- One to three plus year(s) experience working in Public / Media Relations or Journalism; must have clearly defined education or experience.
- Superior research and writing skills; must be an excellent writer. Writing test required.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines.
- Extremely organized, self-motivated / driven, multi-task oriented.
- Ability and flexibility to juggle multiple varying tasks and projects.
- Capacity for working under and meeting tight / changing deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills and team player with positive attitude.
- 4-year degree in one of the following: Public Relations, Marketing, or Journalism. Job history and / or internships must be verifiable.
- Fully versed to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc.
- Must live inAtlanta metro area.
- Compensation is commensurate with one to five years related professional experience and partly depends upon portfolio, references, and education.
- Potential bonuses.
How to apply:
- Must submit all for consideration: Cover letter, resume, reference list, salary history, and two verifiable articles or writing samples. Note: Applicants must submit all items or will not be contacted; no exceptions.
- Writing samples must clearly indicate candidate’s role in the article or campaign. Include brief explanations if needed.
- All submissions / applications will be kept confidential.
- Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No calls or faxes please.
- Interviews are being scheduled immediately for qualified applicants.
- NOTE: MUST place, “Public Relations Coordinator 001” in Subject line of email to be considered.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2009