The Assisting Managing Editor (AME) is an integral part of Law360’s busy newsroom. The AME is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the newsroom with the goal of refining coverage. This position manages a team of legal new reporters and works under the Managing Editor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assign news stories
· Assign features
· Develop story ideas
· Conduct competitive analysis for assigned sections
· Complete structural edits for articles
· Review newsletter content
· Arrange stories in newsletters
· Work with reporters to improve pitching, writing, developing stories
· Provide continuous feedback to reporters to ensure staff development
· Notify Managing Editor of recurring problems in reporting and writing; provide feedback on overall reporter performance
· Train and mentor new hires
· Improve editorial routines; update editorial wiki as necessary
· Analyze traffic and reader feedback
· Participate in editorial advisory board meetings
· Step in for Managing Editor to fulfill duties as necessary
· Traffic growth for designated sections
· Sales growth for designated sections
· Correction rate for designated sections
· Scoops (competitive analysis)
Required for consideration:
· 2+ years experience managing a team of reporters
· 2+ years experience as an editor at daily business or legal publication
· 2+ years experience as a corporate transactions editor
· 5+ years editing or writing experience
Please note; qualified candidates will be asked to complete writing and reporting tests electronically.
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the 100 largest law firms in the U.S., in-house counsel at major corporations, and government agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.
Law360 offers a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary with bonus eligibility.
Portfolio Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.