||March 08, 2018
||Rochester, New York
DIVISION: Radio and Television
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: News & Public Affairs Director
The Reporter/Producer is a multi-media journalist with solid entrepreneurial reporting skills who can produce balanced and engaging content on issues of importance to the Rochester community. In addition, the Reporter/Producer serves as the primary backup Morning Edition Host. This position may also include serving as a backup host for the midday talk show. The Reporter/Producer should have an interest in health reporting and also contributes to WXXI’s citizen engagement efforts and social media presence.
- Work closely with news director and on-air hosts to generate compelling radio, television, and on-demand news programming that is responsive to current events and emerging issues. Actively cultivate sources throughout the community, taking special care to include under-represented and diverse voices. Create and post visual, text, audio and social media content for multimedia news distribution channels.
- Serve as primary backup host for Morning Edition; also serving as a backup host for the midday talk show.
- Have an interest in health reporting, developing features and online content about issues involving health care and related topics.
- Work collaboratively with external and internal partners on special projects such as citizen engagement initiatives, election night coverage, and major breaking news events.
- Participate in membership drives, auctions, and other WXXI fundraising and events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- 2+ years of journalism experience, preferably in a public broadcasting setting
- Demonstrated on-air hosting and board op skills
- Excellent broadcast news writing skills
- Digital audio production experience
- Flexibility to produce a variety of multimedia content on deadline
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Or send to: WXXI, 280 State Street, Rochester, NY 14614 Attn: Human Resources
WXXI is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. (EOE)