||March 08, 2018
||$47,900 - $58,000
Digital Content Specialist
Office of Marketing and Creative Services
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number 300837
Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Salary: $47,900 - $58,000
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing Communications of the Office of Marketing and Creative Services, the Digital Content Specialist is primarily responsible for developing communications for print, web and social media content, and for executing an integrated digital communications engagement strategy for the University of Baltimore. Electronic applications, cover letters, resumes, and writing samples are required. Please save your cover letter, resume, and at least three writing samples as one PDF and attach it to your electronic application in the resume location. Thanks in advance for ensuring that all of the work experiences and job duties shown on your resume are shown on your application. We look forward to reviewing your application and required documents and learning about your interest in and qualifications for our vacancy.
The Digital Content Specialist serves as the University's digital voice through: the development of digital content for and the daily management and monitoring of UB's main social media platforms; writing, editing and project-management support for the division's web-oriented projects and for its electronic and print communications related to recruitment and marketing; the creation and implementation of organic and paid social media campaigns that promote the University's brand, admission events and news releases; the creation of analytics reports and the ability to interpret reports to determine future strategies; and the regular monitoring and evaluation of new digital tools and technologies to inform future approaches.
Assists with writing, editing and proofreading for a variety of print and digital communications. Coordinates, as necessary, with the advertising agency when social strategy/activities are part of overall creative campaign. Monitors social media channels-during and outside normal office hours-for topics, requests and messages that need immediate attention. Additional key responsibilities include consulting with departments and units across campus to keep web content fresh, relevant and engaging; ensuring consistent branding, messaging and quality throughout communications; collaborating with graphic designers and photographers to identify and/or create supporting visuals for social media and recruitment-focused campaigns; and exploring methods of incorporating both professional and user-generated video. Partners with the webmaster to lead the campus wide Web Work Group, ensuring that users are properly trained and that consistent branding and messaging is used throughout the website.
- Write, edit and manage content across the University's digital platforms including, web, e-mail and social media, and contribute to print projects as needed.
- Inform and develop an overall University digital communications plan that relies primarily on social media and web content to build engagement as well as brand awareness and student recruitment support efforts.
- Work with in-house designers and occasionally with freelance photographers to develop appropriate visuals for social media and recruitment-focused campaigns; also explore possibilities for creating and implementing video-both basic and professional-when appropriate. Identify and prioritize any opportunities to repurpose existing materials.
- Develop, implement and manage both organic and paid social-media campaigns through key outlets. Review and report on analytics to measure effectiveness and recommend strategic improvements. Coordinate with advertising agency when social strategy/activities are part of overall creative campaign.
- Consult and collaborate with selected internal constituencies to audit and guide the development or improvement of web content and architecture based on best practices and internal standards.
- Keep abreast of technology, social media and analytics/measurement trends and provide recommendations for digital communications strategy and implementation. Establish and manage new content channels and develop social media presence on emerging platforms. As part of the marketing and creative services team, work to ensure consistent branding and messaging throughout the University.
Required Education and Experience
Education: Baccalaureate degree in Communications, Marketing/Digital Media Marketing, Journalism or related field/discipline.
Experience: Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in content development, digital media marketing and communications. Experience in project management.
Preferred Education and Experience
Education: Master's degree in Communications, Marketing/Digital Media Marketing, Journalism or related field/discipline.
Experience: Previous experience in a higher-education environment; working knowledge of HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and video software; experience with social media analytics, such as Google, Platform, and/or Sprout, etc.; photography skills; experience working directly with clients to help them achieve digital content goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge and skill writing and editing across all marketing and design platforms; superior written, electronic and verbal communication skills as well as excellent attention to detail. Demonstrated self-starter with thorough understanding of content development and strategy, especially as it pertains to web and social media; well versed in digital best practices and analytics. Possesses high levels of initiative, motivation, and strategic thinking in addition to the ability to organize workflow, prioritize and manage multiple projects with minimal direction. Demonstrated strong customer service ethic and the ability to meet deadlines, think creatively and exercise sound judgment. Familiarity with content management systems. Knowledge of key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn) and experience managing print, digital and social media campaigns. Superior writing and editing skills. Knowledge of Associated Press style. Knowledge of content-strategy fundamentals and effective web practices.
Special Hours: As this position will be responsible for monitoring the University's social media accounts, the incumbent may need to respond to posts that require immediate attention and/or share these posts with the appropriate University personnel outside of normal business hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) and over the weekend. This work can be done remotely. There may be occasional after-hours or weekend events that require on-site social media coverage.
Visit http://www.ubalt.edu/about-ub/offices-and-services/human-resources/jobs-at-ub.cfm?&posting=1289 to access our vacancy announcement and electronic application. All applications received by 3/26/2018 will be considered.
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018