Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an Editorial Intern to join McKnight’s Long-Term Care News (www.mcknights.com) and McKnight’s Senior Living (www.mcknightsseniorliving.com). This internship is located in our Northbrook, IL, office.
Do you have a passion for healthcare writing or want to learn how B2B magazines work? This summer intern will report, write and edit news and features for McKnight’s Long-Term Care News and McKnight’s Senior Living. McKnight’s has a monthly print edition and daily and weekly e-newsletters, reflecting what skilled nursing providers need to know. McKnight’s Senior Living has a bi-monthly print edition and a daily e-newsletter, focused on independent living, assisted living and memory care providers. The intern will be asked to understand complex policy issues and to write on tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate must be able to craft copy that is concise, clear, interesting and, above all, accurate. S/he also must have copy editing, content management system and social media experience.
This 12-week summer internship will run from approximately May 22 through August 10, 2018, although dates are flexible. This is a paid, full-time internship.
• Daily news writing
• Basic website management and social media updates
• Writing and editing news and feature articles for print editions
• Photo sizing and uploading to content management system
• Work on custom print or digital content
Skills and Requirements
• Must be enrolled or have recently graduated from an undergraduate program at a college/university
• Interest in skilled nursing, assisted living and memory care and ability to write clinical, product, policy and crime stories
• Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
• Ability to write short, targeted articles homing in on subjects’ importance to readers
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
• Understanding of HTML
• WordPress and video editing experience a plus
• Minor Photoshop and/or InDesign experience a plus
• Must provide own housing and transportation to and from work
Please include your cover letter, resume and two (2) writing samples as attachments (including at least one news story) by Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of markets, from sport to medicine, from technology to town planning. Haymarket is in consumer, business and customer media, along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for -- we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018