||February 28, 2018
||Magazines / Publishing
||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Company: Boat International Media
About our publication: Dockwalk is the world’s first and leading publication for superyacht captains and crew. The voice of the industry, the magazine delivers essential news and informative features that tackle the issues affecting crew. It is distributed globally at superyacht facilities.
Industry: Online/Magazine Publishing
Job Title: Associate Online Editor/Dockwalk Associate Editor
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Dockwalk Associate Online Editor/Dockwalk Associate Editor is a full-time position based in Fort Lauderdale, with responsibility for day-to-day editorial and community operations of Dockwalk.com and assisting with editorial duties on Dockwalk magazine.
The Associate Online Editor should be able to multitask and prioritize activities in a high-speed environment, self-motivate, and keep organized, and should possess great interpersonal skills and creativity. Prior web editorial experience, particularly in generating content for the web, blogging, or community moderation experience, is a must.
You will be responsible for:
* Generating, in conjunction with the Dockwalk, Boat International, and Boat International U.S. magazine editorial teams, content in the form of news, resource information, and editorial features while maintaining integration between content and community
* Managing community-generated content through a variety of activities, including blogs, discussion forums, etc. that foster interaction and participation
* Managing Dockwalk’s newsletters and social media channels, which include (but are not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
* Editorial duties as needed, which include responsibility for some magazine sections, all fact checking, photo sourcing, and some news writing. Potential for feature writing
* Assisting the editor and managing editor with proofreading and other assigned duties
* Attending and representing Dockwalk at industry events and boat shows, as required
* Excellent writing skills
* Strong line and content editing skills
* Keen eye for story and news selection and web-friendly writing
* Passion for social networking
* Experience with, and passion for, creating and using new content vehicles: websites, social networks, blogs, podcasts, wikis, etc.
* Strong ability to think creatively and implement projects from the idea phase
* Experience of working with Web Content Management Systems
* Ability to multitask and work collaboratively in a dynamic environment
* A basic understanding of web functionality
* Friendliness, diplomacy, and imperturbability
* Preference for working in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of photo-editing software a plus
While knowledge of crewing in the superyacht industry is desirable but not essential, it is essential that the Associate Online Editor/Magazine Associate Editor has proven online experience and a strong understanding of web traffic drivers.
Note that this is not a web design position, but an editorial position.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Salary commensurate with experience
* 25 days of paid vacation time per year plus eight (8) public holidays and one (1) floating holiday
* Basic medical insurance coverage, which currently includes both vision and dental insurance.
* No relocation expenses are offered
Send resume with a cover letter to Lauren Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org.