||February 23, 2018
||Magazines / Publishing
The Center for Digital Education is a national research and advisory institute specializing in K-12 and higher education technology trends, policy and funding. See our media site here:http://www.centerdigitaled.com/ The Center provides education and industry leaders with decision support and actionable insight to help effectively incorporate new technologies.
The Center is also a division of e.Republic, the nation’s only media and research company focused exclusively on state and local government and education.
MISSION AND VISION
Our mission is to nurture a community of thought leaders who are rethinking education with technology as the catalyst. Our vision is to make education relevant and accessible for students worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Content Manager as part of our CDE Team.
This position will provide quality, job-critical content in a variety of formats for our magazine Converge and our online website: Center for Digital Education.
- Coordinates with Deputy Director of Content on annual plans for content, editorial and social media
- Develops a quarterly content plan for Converge/CDE
- Develops an editorial calendar for Converge
- Develops a social media strategy for Converge/CDE, including SEO.
- Develops a communications plan for promoting CDE awards and programs
- Responsible for posting content stories on a daily basis. Interviewing and creating content. Self-generated written content required may be minimally 30% but is subject to change.
- Responsible for and aggregating timely, content-rich newsletters for both K12 and Higher Ed audiences
- Responsible for creation of video production and podcast where needed in coordination with the Chief Content Officer
- Works with team to create evergreen content from the vast education works created from research, surveys and custom content areas
- Manages bloggers and guest writers
- Works with freelance writers and internal editorial team to ensure Converge magazine is relevant and timely
- Works closely with copy editor on all written projects
- Background in education technology or information technology
- Aware of content timing (ways to increase the reach of CDE content)
- Ability to write clearly and meet deadlines
- Generating, creating and sharing content daily that builds meaningful connections
- Building and executing social media strategy through competitive and audience research
- Ability to set up and optimize CDE content within each social media platform and on CDE website as well as experience with SEO and newsletter writing
- Experience with video content creation
- Creative thinker
- Team player
- Not required but social media know-how desirable
Please email your resume to email@example.com and provide samples of your work.
This position is local or can be remote for the right candidate.