||February 21, 2018
||Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), since 2011 the top producer of B2B news and trade shows serving executives and major investors in America's $6 billion cannabis industry, is seeking a reporter to cover legal and regulatory developments in the marijuana sector at the national, state and local levels.
We are currently expanding and seeking talented reporters to join our growing office in Denver. You will receive a competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) and health benefits, reporting to the Daily (site) Editor. As seen in Inc Magazine, Forbes and the WSJ, we are a highly professional, award-winning, fast-growing company.
- Write regulatory/legal news stories, briefs, analysis pieces and how-to articles for our website, magazine and other mediums.
- Develop a deep understanding of what types of content our audience needs in this area, with a key focus on determining how we can help business owners understand how legal and regulatory issues/developments affect them.
- Develop solid sources in the legal and regulatory communities, which includes state and local government agencies that oversee cannabis businesses.
- Launch a new newsletter highlighting our legal and regulatory coverage of the industry, likely on a weekly basis to start but perhaps moving to daily.
- Help develop conference content around legal and regulatory issues, both in the main sessions of our big events as well as for a pre-conference track and eventually a possible spin-off stand-alone event. This involves coming up with great session ideas and conference themes that appeal to targeted audiences and helping to identify speakers for these sessions.
- Moderate panels/conference sessions and speak at our events.
- Speak with the press about cannabis legal and regulatory topics, once you gain expertise in the field.
- Conceive of, research and write legal and regulatory reports, which could range from a 20-page snapshot of what a big development means for companies in the industry to a 50-page report on recent trends.
- Write other types of stories about the marijuana industry as needed.
Required background and skills:
- At least five years of experience as a business or legal reporter at B2B publications, newspapers, websites or magazines
- Demonstrated experience covering complex business topics and industries
- Work history at a trade publication, experience creating and sending business-focused newsletters
- Experience developing content across a variety of different mediums, including print magazines, websites, mobile sites, podcasts and video.
- Experience working on business content for conferences and events a plus
- Basic knowledge of the cannabis industry
- Ability to quickly develop expertise in new, unfamiliar beats
- Ability to boil down complex issues into concise, readable copy
- To apply use the link below.
- Please plan to include links to 3-4 relevant writing samples.
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc. Should you be offered a position, please expect to complete a background/reference check. Anne Holland Ventures Inc. is a woman owned and an equal opportunity employer.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018