||February 09, 2018
1105 Media, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated business-to-business information and media. The markets we serve include Government, Education, Network & Enterprise Computing, Business Intelligence, Industrial Health & Safety, Compliance, Security, Environmental Protection, Waste & Wastewater, and Home Medical Equipment. Our products focus on technology, products, policy, regulation, and news delivered through an assortment of media including print and online magazines, journals, newsletters, seminars, conferences, executive summits, and trade shows, training and courseware, and web-based services. 1105 Media is based in Chatsworth, CA with offices throughout the United States.
1105 Media is looking for seasoned federal benefits and human resource experts who are interested in developing/managing content and hosting webinars on topics of interest for our FederalSOUP brand. FederalSOUP is the trusted resource for active, retired and prospective federal employees looking for information and news stories that affect their career, benefits and finances.
This contract position will be an integral part of our collaborative benefits publication products and services available in our Fedstore and on our website.
We are looking for subject matter experts who can better inform our readers about policy changes, benefits and resources that affect their daily lives as federal employees and uniform servicemembers.
Our readers are interested in education of FERS, CSRS, early outs and buyouts, FEHB, TRICARE, retirement, pay, financial planning work performance, TSP and all other aspects of federal government employee policy.
Essential Job Functions
- Edit and develop publication guides on topic of expertise
- Monitor relevant news and policy updates related to federal health benefits
- Gather data and other research on federal HR benefits and federal workforce news
- Help develop and present federal benefits online seminars/webcasts/virtual and live events
- 10+ years of federal human resource and federal benefit experience
- Proven ability to write clearly and accurately on deadline
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the federal workforce and its benefits such as FEHB, FERS, CSRS, TSP, FEHB, retirement, long-term care, buyouts and early outs, etc.
- Solid understanding of digital media, and its role in both gathering and presenting information
- Proficiency and access to Adobe and Microsoft Office products (InCopy, Adobe Acrobat X, Word)
- Familiarity with print and web production a plus
- Basic HTML proficiency is helpful
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018