||February 13, 2018
||Magazines / Publishing, Public Relations, Nonprofit
- Works with the Manager of Communications/Marketing and the Graphic Designer-Print & Electronic media to meet the communication needs of the various Glenmary departments and functions. Prepares content for departments such as development, vocations, pastoral ministers and pastoral services, Catholic-Evangelical relations and justice issues.
- Assists in developing story ideas, writing and editing them for all printed and electronic Glenmary publications, promotional materials, grant proposals, appeals, acquisitions, brochures, newsletters, the Challenge magazine and other communication/marketing efforts.
- Assists in a continuing updating, expansion and development of the web site with a special focus on adapting all print products for web use and in writing articles blogs and etc. for the website.
- Assists in the layout of newsletters, the Glenmary Challenge and various other communication/marketing products using established design formats with Adobe software.
- Prepares press releases, keeps media lists up-to-date and assists manager in the area of media relations. Manages media relations in the event the manager is absent.
- Works with the Manager of the department in managing all social media related avenues and working to spread a consistent branding across platforms.
- Copyedits and proofs all communications/marketing products.
- Travels as necessary to cover and photograph story lines for Glenmary related activities in the field.
- Holds membership and participates in appropriate professional organizations.
- Continues to deepen understanding of Roman Catholicism, contemporary church issues, and the cultural and religious context within which Glenmary operates.
College degree in communications/marketing arts with 2-3 years of practical experience required. Must have a working knowledge of the Catholic Church and faith. Strong versatile writing/editing skills with experience necessary. Ability to speak and write in Spanish preferred.
Proficiency in and knowledge of Adobe desktop publishing software (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) required. Understanding of a web content-management system and social media necessary.
If interested please submit your resume and cover letter.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018