||February 06, 2018
||Magazines / Publishing
||Peachtree City, Georgia
FC&A Publishing is looking for skilled, experienced writers who know how to turn complicated medical and financial information into fun-to-read, easily understood stories for self-help books sold via Direct Mail.
As an FC&A writer you will work in our Peachtree City, GA office, 25 miles south of the Atlanta airport, and be part of an in-house team of writers and editors. (We are unable to accept applications from writers who want to remain freelancers or remotely located.) Applicants must be willing to work a 40-hour week, Monday-Friday, and enjoy a research-oriented, quiet, wholesome environment.
We are a family-owned business, founded in 1969, with a strong history of success. We offer good pay and benefits including health insurance, a 401k plan, and profit sharing.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Develop, outline, research, and write chapters for future books — consulting with our editors throughout the process. Adhere to AP style.
• Craft engaging headlines and story leads.
• Conduct occasional interviews with medical researchers and leading health and finance experts.
• Learn and use our Content Management System for all assignments, following guidelines for citing sources and documenting your work.
• Propose graphics and illustrations to accompany stories, as needed.
• Meet project deadlines and production goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field. Professional writing experience is preferred.
• Match FC&A’s friendly, conversational writing style (8th-grade reading level).
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Ability to quickly comprehend the finer points of complex topics.
Candidates will be asked to take our standard pre-employment tests and a 2-hour writing test. If you don’t live in the south-Atlanta area, please indicate in your cover letter if you are planning on relocating.
How to contact us:
Send or deliver your resume and writing sample to FC&A Publishing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please select a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write a story similar to the content and style of a popular magazine’s feature story. You may submit an unpublished story or article. (Please do not send a thesis, presentation, poem, play, or academic assignment. These samples are unrelated to our writing needs and are not helpful.)
Email: email@example.com, Fax: Attn. Barbara at 770-631-4357, or Mail: FC&A Publishing, 103 Clover Green, Peachtree City, GA 30269.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018