||February 06, 2018
||$55,000 to $60,000
Maddie’s® Fund and Humane Network, working with the support of the Dave & Cheryl Duffield Foundation, are launching a statewide campaign to revolutionize the well-being of cats and dogs in Nevada. The three-year project will create a sustainable safety net for cats and dogs through a two-pronged approach: increasing shelters’ live-release rates to over 90% in every community and providing access to veterinary care in underserved urban and rural areas.
To do this, we will work closely with animal shelters, government agencies, rescue groups, other organizations and individual animal lovers to combine their strengths to achieve results. We will provide mentoring, networking, and data- and program-development opportunities. We will coordinate public events that celebrate pets and their adoption. We will provide targeted assistance to existing organizations to fill key gaps in lifesaving services. We will cultivate and support new and existing shelter and rescue group leaders. And we will do it all with fun and excitement that inspires and engages communities and individuals.
The Social Media Coordinator reports to the Communications Manager and is responsible for helping establish the campaign's statewide social media presence, coordinating content, and fostering online engagement.
Specific Responsibilities of the Social Media Coordinator
- Create, adapt, and coordinate publishing of relevant content across social media platforms.
- Maintain regular publishing schedule and editorial calendar.
- Look for local, state, and national news and trends that can be used positively for campaign promotion.
- Screen, answer, and/or refer questions from the public via social media quickly.
- Identify ways social media can serve the campaign and set appropriate goals for engagement and conversions.
- Track social media statistics and look for trends in engagement and demographics.
- Provide feedback on what topics, information, and types of posts result in the most engagement online.
- Work with staff to coordinate in-person events and efforts with an online presence.
- Support staff in spotting and documenting success stories with strong social media potential.
- Work with partner and funder organizations for cross promotion.
- Provide exemplary customer service to online followers and friends.
- Support outreach efforts with live coverage of certain events and quick posting of outreach content.
- Stay on top of new social media platforms and emerging social media trends.
- Assist with and manage other tasks and projects as needed.
Specific Qualifications for the Social Media Coordinator
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple social media channels.
- Extensive knowledge of different online platforms, their audiences, and uses.
- Eagerness to keep up with constant changes in digital marketing and willingness to learn/incorporate new tools as needed.
- Ability to create and repurpose online content across platforms.
- Passion for community building.
- Ability to translate analytics into creative content choices.
- Perceptive editorial judgment and an instinct for creating a positive, inclusive tone.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken, written, and visual formats.
- Understanding of SEO and analytics.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and organize content coming from multiple sources quickly.
- Degree in marketing, communication, or advertising a plus.
- Three or more years working professionally with social media a plus.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
- Photography experience a plus.
- Video editing experience a plus.
- Digital advertising experience a plus.
- Animal sheltering experience a plus.
Terms of Employment
- Exempt position
- Daily reporting hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule. May be required to be on call on a 24-hour, 365-day basis. May include weekend, night and holiday work.
- Benefits include three weeks paid time off (for vacation and sick time), ten paid holidays, and individual medical insurance.
- There is no minimum period of employment that is implied or guaranteed. Additionally, this is a term position that will not outlast the duration of the campaign, which is planned for three years.
- Salary range: $55,000 to $60,000
How to Apply
Send a one-page cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Applications must be received by Feb. 20, 2018.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018