||February 02, 2018
||Newspapers / Wires, Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media
||New York, New York
We are in the process of developing a new product line and are rapidly approaching our launch date.
As that date rapidly approaches we have identified a need for a Lead Editor to join our team. While we hope to fill that role quickly, we'll need some help to ensure we keep on schedule. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can join us in on a freelance or temp-to-perm basis.
In the role of Lead Editor, you’ll be responsible for developing and managing the overall look, feel and content contained within the product offering. Your strategic oversight will ensure that content and presentation meet our high quality standards and to attract and drive user growth.
- Lead the Editorial function and collaborate with other lead members
- Manage the day-to-day workings of the Editorial team
- Develop and enforce overall quality and style standards through writing and videos
- Working closely with the Production Studio, ensure videos and output are high quality
- Creating and managing to key release/publishing deadlines through the various channels
- Managing output to a budget
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Impeccable communication and storytelling skills (oral and written)
- Obsession for detail and accuracy in all things
- Innovative imagination and good visual sense
- Superior understanding of technology required to build and maintain product
- Proven leadership skills and collaborative working style
- Ability to laugh and make work enjoyable for you and your coworkers
- Undying curiosity
- A love of dogs
- 7-10 years of experience as an Editor (or equivalent position) at an innovative news or e-commerce organization (think Buzzfeed, Refinery 29, Taste Made, PowerGear, Wirecutter, Mashable, CNet, Vice Media)
- BA in Journalism (or related field)
- 3-5 years managing a multidisciplinary team to success
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018