||January 30, 2018
Turning Point USA’s (a nonprofit 501(c)3) mission is to educate students about the importance of fiscal responsibility, free markets, and limited government. Through non-partisan debate, dialogue, and discussion, Turning Point USA believes that every young person can be enlightened to true free market values.
TPUSA activists strive to
- Educate students about the importance of fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets. With innovative messaging techniques and strategic outreach methods TPUSA is able to educate thousands of college students each day.
- Identify student activists in every corner of the country who believe in limited government and individual liberty. TPUSA activists are the community organizers of the right.
- Register students to vote. TPUSA has helped thousands of college students apply for voter registration and access vote-by-mail ballots.
- Empower young activists to get involved in the fight for free markets and limited government. Through building strong campus networks, organizing conferences and training workshops, and equipping activists with the knowledge and strategies needed to combat the left, TPUSA empowers young people to make a difference within their own campus and community.
- Organize young activists in chapters and networks on colleges across the country. TPUSA believes there is strength in organization, and our activists work tirelessly to build grassroots networks on every college campus in America.
- Mobilize students who believe in free markets. Email lists don’t mean anything if they aren’t used properly. TPUSA mobilizes its activist networks to get involved in activism, issue-advocacy, public policy education, and grassroots organization.
We have an exciting and interesting team of chapters and employees.
Check us out at www.tpusa.com .
How you will be part of the team:
The writer will play an integral part of this team. This role will be working with many departments in the organization. You will be writing material for digital news, books, pamphlets, magazines, flyers etc.
The required skills necessary to be successful in this job are:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism. Skills in public relations, marketing are a plus.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related professional experience and/or training is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to manage own workload, make routine decisions and problem solve independently are required.
- Working under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Attention to detail in written, visual and oral communication is a must.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and working ability of Adobe Suite is preferred.
- Experience with graphic designers and print production is a must.
- Ability to convey information in large amounts to the team, chapters and donors.
- Social media skills would be a plus.
Must use a computer terminal and view a computer screen for extended periods of time. Must be able to communicate in person or by phone to necessary team players. Must constantly use visual acuity to check printed and designed materials for errors. One must possess the ability to see color perception in order to proofread, edit on paper and onscreen, and create and view graphics. Requires the ability to manipulate fingers to operate computer keyword and mouse. Routine interruptions and unforeseen assignments are to be expected. This position calls on occasion lifting of up to 40 lbs.
We offer a generous salary and comparable benefits.
Please send a cover letter, resume, including the names and phone numbers of three professional references, and writing samples. Please send your email to Bill.Montgomery1958@gmail.com .