||January 30, 2018
We're looking for someone who knows the web and loves to dig into issues, find the human side of policy debates, and explore a range of topics. This person is responsible for GPB News presence on social media and GPBNews.org. This includes creating original content, copy editing reporters’ stories and curating local and national news content to drive audience and engagement across the web.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assess content from a variety of sources to determine how it fits into daily coverage and user needs
- Write and edit copy and headlines and select/prioritize stories for featured placement on GPBNews.org, Twitter and Facebook
- Develop and produce original content for GPBNews.org using a mix of traditional and new media storytelling elements
- Provide regular reports and analysis on web and social media traffic
- Track digital journalism trends and innovations to make GPB a leader in online storytelling, presentation and engagement
- Other duties as assigned; opportunity exists to cross-train in audio journalism and storytelling
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Digital content creation and web publishing experience in a broadcast or digital news environment preferred
- Proven editorial judgment and excellent research, writing, editing and AP proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of all facets of online content production, including writing for web, copy editing, and HTML
- Understanding of data analytics and computer-assisted reporting and a basic understanding of charts, maps and other digital tools that can enhance content.
- Experience with social media platforms required; audio/video production skills preferred
- Ability to track multiple projects, work under deadline pressure, communicate across departments, and respond effectively to diverse and challenging circumstances
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends depending on news cycle
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references and applicant form on the GPBs Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs.
ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018