||January 30, 2018
Georgia Public Broadcasting seeks a Managing Editor to lead a team of reporters, hosts, producers and interns who create driveway moments through long-form journalism for radio, digital and video. We prioritize storytelling and thoughtful, probing conversation over the churn of daily news (not that we don’t do that too). The Managing Editor assigns, edits, and guides the editorial process of a team that works in Atlanta and in five bureaus across the state. The ideal candidate must be committed to strengthening editorial partnerships, both across the region and with public radio distributors nationally. This position is based in Atlanta, a top-10 radio market with deep Civil Rights history, a thriving arts and culture scene, six professional sports teams and mountains and beaches just a few hours away.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Broadcast Communications, or related field required, plus at least 4 years experience leading a news team.
- Must have a minimum of three years reporting, producing and copy editing experience. Experience reporting, producing and editing feature stories for public radio preferred.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be familiar with production and digital editing.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Plans coverage and assigns, directs and edits journalists with an emphasis on strong regional angles that are relevant to listeners across Georgia and border states. Maintains editorial integrity by ensuring quality and accuracy through research, editing and adherence to journalistic code of ethics.
- Oversees web content and social media.
- Ensures timely delivery of audio, digital and video content and provides ongoing feedback and training.
- Leads regular editorial meeting with news and talk show staffs. Attends other crossdepartmental editorial meetings as needed.
- Serves as a resource for talk shows, including identifying sources and opportunities for additional coverage, conducting two-ways and interviews.
- May occasionally report stories for our GPB News Presents series and documentaries.
- Actively engages with NPR, PBS, and other national and international program producers.
- Participates in assigned fund-raising and outreach activities, on air and off.
- Other duties as assigned.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references and applicant form on the GPBs Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018