||January 29, 2018
||Magazines / Publishing
||Dubai, Middle East
||$64,999 to $65,500
ITP Media Group, one of the largest media companies in the Middle East with a portfolio of more than 100 brands, is seeking a dynamic, talented and driven Editor to lead the region's top celebrity magazine Hello! Middle East it to its next, exciting stage of growth. The ideal candidate must have a first class knowledge of the celebrity industry – the key figures and the latest fashion trends. Working closely with the Spanish license holder, the editor must be able to grow the brand through social media platforms, awards, events, and parties and work in collaboration with our commercial team.
This role is located in ITP's prestigious Media City offices in Dubai, UAE. A competitive salary, relocation package as well as work visa and medical coverage is on offer for the right candidate!
• To strategically lead and direct the editorial team on the creation and production of all editorial content; across the monthly magazine, digital & social platforms, content used at reader events and any other brand extensions
• To manage the flatplan of each issue of the main magazine, special editions and bespoke supplements
• To write and edit accurate and engaging copy, displaying journalistic discipline and rigour which is aspired to by the team
• To ensure all content is exclusive, engaging and relevant to the reader
• To manage the budget to produce the magazine under tight deadlines
• To understand and work within the commercial realities of publishing in the Middle
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in magazines/journalism
• At least 3 years’ experience in the international market as well as a minimum of 1 years’ experience in the Middle East.
• Digital experience
• A very good understanding of media and the media market place, but not defined by it, and most definitely able to think outside its traditional parameters
The right person will also:
• Be familiar with In-Design
• Be flexible and have a can-do, positive attitude
• Display a responsible attitude, and exhibit dedication, passion, brand understanding and leadership
• Have confidence to take the initiative and work with a small team and be prepared to work long hours to reach tight editorial and commercial deadlines when needed
• Have creative flair that continually produces engaging stories
• Take a structured, scheduled approach
• Have a proven ability to work well under pressure and maintain high attention to detail
• Have sensitivity to the specific requirements and cultural considerations presented by this region
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, proactive, and tenacious and likes to work in a multicultural environment.
The position is full time and based in Dubai and is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is accountable, socially smart and extremely organised, someone who uses their own initiative and loves to communicate and work as part of a team.
To apply, please submit your latest CV and a cover letter which tells us why you want the role and explains why you're a great match for what we're looking for.