||January 29, 2018
POSITION AVAILABLE: Digital Content Editor
Location: Positon is based in Fairfax, VA or remotely from San Diego, CA
Enhance the experience of our digital product audience by providing relevant, timely and interesting content through the Irrigation & Green Industry website, igin.com, digital edition, app, social media and e-newsletters. As digital content editor, you will:
- Ensure the homepage of the website is regularly updated with fresh content.
- Conduct news searches to seek out content for the Irrigation & Green Industry website, igin.com, that is of interest to landscape and irrigation contractors.
- Write and post news daily to the website using a content management system.
- Write and edit original feature articles for use in printed monthly magazine, website and e-newsletters.
- Create and distribute weekly and biweekly e-newsletters, monthly digital edition, call for advertising emails and other e-blasts as needed and maintain an up-to-date list of subscribers.
- Work with editorial staff and production to improve and standardize look of all digital products.
- Create a social media strategy and campaigns across Irrigation & Green Industry’s social media platforms and track results.
- Monitor Google Analytics to determine what areas of igin.com need improvement and work with web provider to implement website changes. Be able to summarize results with staff.
- Work effectively with editorial, sales, production and circulation departments.
- Travel to tradeshows as needed to report on events and to represent Irrigation & Green Industry magazine at booths.
- Record, edit and post regular videos and podcasts to igin.com.
- Develop regular podcast series that can be posted to igin.com and promoted on social media.
- Devise webinar series that could be marketed to our readers.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest mobile app, website and digital media trends and work to ensure Irrigation & Green Industry stays relevant across all platforms.
- Coordinate with editor-in-chief to promote exclusive online content in the print magazine.
- Assist with editing print issues as needed and various other tasks as assigned.
Four-year degree in journalism or communications; five years’ experience working for a media company in digital content creation; experience working with content management systems and in HTML. Proficient with Adobe products and Microsoft Office Suite. Web design, video editing and Google Analytics, experience preferred.
Type: Full time. 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary and benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent health, dental and vision programs, including 401(k) plan and flexible spending account available after one year of service. Convenient Fairfax location, shuttle to and from the Dunn Loring metro stop, free parking, small, casual office atmosphere.
For more information, visit www.irrigation.org
Email resume, cover letter, work samples and salary requirements to:
Nicole Preisner, Foundation & Administration Manager
No phone calls please.
Headquarters: 8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Suite 400
Fairfax, VA 22031