||December 06, 2017
||Santa Monica, California
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Tennis Channel is seeking a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks in addition to leading and executing projects within a collaborative environment. This individual will have the knowledge and experience to hit the ground running in a fast-paced atmosphere with an emphasis on policy enforcement, security and timely resolution of issues. The Systems Engineer will report directly to the IT Director.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist internal and external clients with Support issues and properly follow escalation list to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, email, wireless etc.
- Understands the issues involved in administering and maintaining corporate WAN.
- Internal Systems
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage Backup and Security of all installed systems and infrastructure
- Account Administration
- Co-ordinate the creation of network and email accounts for new users.
- Asset Management
- Assists with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Assists with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Document all installed systems, infrastructure, and IT processes
- Post Production
- Administer and maintain a post-production infrastructure, including Edit Hardware, Edit Software, and Storage
- Assist is building and maintaining post production workflows
- Understands the issues involved in administering and maintaining a production environment
- Up to 50% travel is required. Travel will be combination of domestic and international.
- Minimum 3 - 7 years as a full-time Systems engineer
- BA degree in Computer Science or a related field, preferred
- Experience managing Windows 2008/2012 server roles and Active Directory administration
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience with Avid, Interplay, and Nexis/Isis systems
- Strong understanding of post-production environments and workflows
- Understanding of SAN/NAS Administration and maintenance a plus
- Understanding on Media Asset Management within a post-production environment a plus
- Experience with AWS or Azure a plus
- Highly Skilled with all Mac OSX operating systems including all desktop and server versions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CCNA, MCSE, or academic qualifications in IT preferred
- VMWare Vsphere, Citrix, or Hype V knowledge and experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Solarwinds & SCCM is a plus
- Knowledge of Aspera is a plus
- Knowledge of Broadcast technology is a plus
- Experience with MDM software is a plus
- Willingness to work varied schedules, including nights and weekends
- Personal transportation for a multi-location/multi-office environment is required
- Entertainment industry experience is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018