The Roswell Daily Record, a six-day-a-week publication, has a full-time pagination position open. This position includes designing the front page and several inside pages of the newspaper known around the world for reporting an alleged UFO crash in 1947.
Job requirements include:
• Laying out and designing the A section, including front pages using InDesign
• Ability to proofread, copy edit all local stories in the A section
• Proficiency with Macintosh computers using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and News Edit Pro
• The ability to crop photos appropriately
• A strong eye for detail
• Strong command of AP style
• Proficiency in grammar and spelling
• Headline writing
• News judgment, ability to choose newsworthy stories
• Ability to work on deadline
• Must work nights, including Saturdays
• In addition, this person will stay in contact with local funeral homes and design the obituary page daily
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance.
Email resume and cover letter along with design samples to email@example.com or mail to Editor John Dilmore, ATTN: Page Designer position; P.O. Box 1897, Roswell, NM, 88202.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018