||January 31, 2018
||Magazines / Publishing
Outdoor Sportsman Group, America’s premier media group for outdoor sports, is seeking a full-time Editor with a strong knowledge of fishing and hunting for its popular Game & Fish publications. The position is based in suburban Atlanta (Kennesaw, GA), where Game & Fish produces 28 monthly hunting and fishing magazines and online digital content that targets sportsmen in specific states or regions.
The State Editor must be able to wear many hats and move easily across platforms in creating content for both print and digital. The State Editor will work closely with Editorial and Digital teams to conceptualize, assign, edit and write content for print and online posting.
- Proven writing skills and strong story-creation abilities with a knack for writing catchy heads, subtitles and captions.
- Exemplary copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated project-planning skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Good eye for identifying supporting photography and graphics.
- Clear vision of how print articles seamlessly integrate with online content.
- A born collaborator who can direct a network of freelance writers.
- Able to create strong, engaging content repurposed from the magazine as well as assigned specifically for online.
- Totally comfortable with Social Media and possessing a clear knowledge of how Facebook, Instagram and Twitter can help drive print and online engagement.
- Candidates must have a passion for hunting and fishing.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate concepts and story ideas to writers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- MS Office 365 and InDesign experience a plus.
- Understanding of popular content management systems, like WordPress, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, creative writing, interactive media, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to excel as a team player in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Send cover letter and resume.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2018