||April 20, 2017
||Newspapers / Wires
||Grass Valley, California
Do you love anything entertainment? Does writing features make you come alive as a writer? Do you love informing your community? The Union newspaper, a six-day daily in Grass Valley, Calif., is seeking a Features Editor whose passion for community journalism, arts and entertainment will be on full display in capturing local life for our award-winning daily lifestyles sections and weekly entertainment guide. The Union is family owned, and this full time position is eligible for a full benefits package. To learn more or apply, please visit www.swiftcom.com/careers and select job 1432.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Tell stories through innovative writing, photo, video or info graphics, and digital media.
- Meet established deadlines, and excel under deadline pressures.
- Use social media and web effectively.
- Gain and maintain a solid understanding of Grass Valley, the Bay Area, Lake Tahoe and other surrounding areas in order to provide the best possible product.
- Report on a variety of topics around the area's vibrant arts scene.
- Lead a team of freelance reporters and create content to assemble a complete and exciting product.
- Enjoy the area and take advantage of everything that Grass Valley has to offer.
- Must be well organized, have excellent communication skills, command of grammar and AP style.
- Page design experience is a must.
- Strong social media skills with a digital-first mindset are crucial for this position.
- Management experience is required.
- Must have a driver's license of the ability to obtain one.
- Must have a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017