Opening in: Public Relations
Company: Eberly & Collard Public Relations is a full-service Public / Media Relations and Advertising firm that specializes in 11 interrelated industries. The firm’s clients are located regionally, nationally and internationally. Client services primarily include Public Relations, Media Relations, Social Media, Converged Media, Integrated Marketing Planning / Execution, Brand Development / Execution, Market Research, Copywriting, Photography, and Advertising. The firm is located in downtown Atlanta. Growth and earning potential are extremely high. Website: www.eberlycollardpr.com
Job description: The Assistant Public Relations Manager will be responsible for assisting and supporting the co-owners, employees, clients, and vendors of the firm in a variety of functions essential to fundamental Public / Media Relations, Branding, Marketing, and Advertising programs / campaigns as well as client / account management. Account management and business development research and support are key elements of the job. Training will be provided, and the employee will be enabled to grow his / her skill sets and scope of responsibility as he / she professionally and accurately drives the process.
Key job components:
- Managing and co-managing a variety of public and media relations campaigns.
- Serving as assistant account lead (across select client accounts) under the supervision of the firm’s co-owners; developing / implementing strategic PR plans, campaigns and media pitches.
- Identifying research needs for new business; assisting with developing new business accounts under the direction of the co-owners.
- Conducting market / media research and applying findings to projects and campaigns.
- Facilitating Social Media campaigns for firm and clients.
- Leading efforts to maintain company procedures and best practices.
- Assisting with management of account coordinators and interns.
- Managing all facets of organized and strategic Media Relations and pitching.
- Writing / pitching client-based press releases and bylined articles; researching, writing and pitching client project overviews and case-studies.
- Assisting with the development of story angles and creative brainstorming.
- Disseminating and tracking press releases and other news / channels.
- Assisting with photoshoots and coordinating interviews.
- Coordinating and assisting with major industry tradeshows, book tours, speaker’s bureau, media tours, sponsorships, and other events for the firm and clients.
- Researching / supporting the development of new business accounts under the direction of co-owners.
- Concepting and co-leading Social Media campaigns to include research / development, execution and day-to-day management.
- Developing matrixes for evaluating effectiveness / progress of Social Media campaigns and measuring / reporting results.
- Preparing, submitting, tracking a variety of media kits, packets and digital photo libraries to editors, clients, and others.
- Assisting with advertising planning, buying, and scheduling.
- Participating in creative conceptualization and branding to include concepts for print ads, logos, collateral, events, websites, media kits, releases, articles, etc.
- Writing reports outlining PR activities / results / goals / deliverables for manager, team members, and clients.
- Maintaining / organizing / tracking hardcopy and electronic file systems.
- Researching, organizing, and managing hardcopy and digital media clippings.
- Typing, copying, dictation writing, letter writing, pitch writing / implementation.
- Assisting with reading / monitoring publications important to the company / clients.
- Satisfying a mix of evolving and deadline-oriented firm / client needs and expectations with a high level of flexibility, passion and professionalism.
Skills and background required:
- Three to five plus year(s) experience working in Public / Media Relations.
- Must have some clearly defined exposure to or experience in Media Relations / pitching.
- Some exposure to business development experience in PR / advertising or similar background.
- Superior research and writing skills; must be an excellent writer. Writing test required.
- Knowledge of Associated Press guidelines.
- Extremely organized, self-motivated / driven, multi-task oriented.
- Ability and flexibility to juggle multiple varying tasks and projects.
- Ability to work under and meet tight / changing deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills and team player with positive attitude.
- 4-year degree in one of the following: Public Relations, Marketing, or Journalism. Job history and / or internships must be verifiable.
- Computer versed to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and strong familiarity with PowerPoint, Photo Shop and Social Media programs and formats.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday from 8:30 to 5:30 and occasionally earlier / later.
- MUST LIVE IN Atlanta metro area; non-local candidates will not be contacted.
- For full-time position: Ability to work full-time for Eberly & Collard Public Relations
- Competitive Compensation: Depends upon portfolio, experience, references, and education.
- Health benefits – Full benefits package upon transition to permanent position; POS, low co-pays for general medical and hospital care; no referrals needed to see most subsidiary doctors, dental plan, vision plan, and life insurance.
- Solid bonuses based upon performance.
How to apply:
- Must submit all for consideration: Cover letter, resume, reference list, salary history, and two verifiable articles or writing samples.
- Note: Applicants not submitting full salary histories will not be contacted; no exceptions.
- Writing samples must clearly indicate candidate’s role in article or campaign. Include brief explanations if needed.
- All submissions / applications will be kept confidential.
- Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No calls or faxes please.
- NOTE: MUST place, “Assistant Public Relations Manager 001” in Subject line of email to be considered.