Passionate video producer needed to tell stories of tech, design, and how things work
You are a skilled and passionate storyteller with camera in one hand and a laptop in the other. You’re excel in one-person or small team production units, taking control of a project from start to finish. You see the intricate complexity of the world around you and want to make sense of it through video.
Does this accurately describe you? Good. We have a place for you here at Reviewed.com.
Reviewed.com, a division of USA TODAY, is seeking an entry-level video producer to join our team. You'll be part of a dynamic environment of writers, editors, and developers dedicated to creating the best online reviews anywhere.
You will be the newest member of a growing video production department. You’ll shoot, edit, and make titles, working in tight integration with the rest of the team. You’ll travel to trade shows around the world to find the latest products. You’ll help us tell the hidden stories from the world of electronics and appliances.
Our job is to educate people about the world around them. Do you know how a camera works? Maybe. But do you know how a convection oven works? Or a washing machine? Probably not. Most people don't, until they're suddenly faced with the task of purchasing one. That's where we come in, offering expert advice, frank opinions, and maybe a laugh or two.
You Must Have:
* 1-2 years professional video production experience
* Familiarity with DSLR-style shooting
* Familiarity with non-linear editing software (preferably Final Cut X)
* Experience with and enthusiasm for appearing on camera
* The ability to write quickly and clearly
If Would Also Be Great If:
* You have a strong background in After Effects or Motion
* You love gadgets, home design, and learning how things work
Full-time and in Cambridge, MA. No telecommuting.