Digital Media Company Seeks Talented Associate Editor
||February 26, 2015
||Washington, District of Columbia
FierceMarkets, a DC-based leader in digital B2B publishing, is seeking an Associate Editor for our Marketing & Retail verticals.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented team player who possesses a sharp attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and juggle multiple tasks flawlessly. This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Copy editing content of daily stories for multiple publications on tight deadlines.
- Manage production of publications to ensure smooth, timely delivery of daily newsletters.
- Maintain publication Web sites to ensure content is posted regularly and sites are constantly refreshed.
- Work closely with editors to enforce style guidelines and format content so it is appealing to readers and optimized for search.
- Actively engage and build audiences through social media.
- Collect and analyze data on content performance and provide updates and recommendations to other team members on how to enhance performance.
- Report and write timely and engaging features and news stories as assigned by group editors.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or English.
- Experience in online media, knowledge of content management systems, and basic HTML.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Social media savvy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance.
- Knowledge of the marketing and/or retail industry preferred but not necessary.
- Positive attitude, outgoing personality, "Fierce" work ethic.
- Knowledge of the retail and/or marketing industry preferred by not required.
- Base salary + performance bonus in line with experience and expertise.
- Results-driven environment where your achievements will be recognized.
- A fun, energetic workplace.
Come join our talented and Fierce team! Email your cover letter and resume to Heather Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about FierceMarkets at www.fiercemarkets.com
Apply for this position by using the contact information above or by completing the online application below.
Mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2015