B2B Digital Media Company Seeks Copy Editor/Writer
||March 26, 2015
||Washington, District of Columbia
FierceMarkets, a DC-based leader in digital B2B publishing, is seeking an Associate Editor to work with publications in our retail vertical.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented team player who possesses a sharp attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks flawlessly. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual who can both copy edit quickly and efficiently as well as write compelling original content.
This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Copy editing content of daily stories for multiple publications on tight deadlines.
- Manage production of publications to ensure smooth, timely delivery of daily newsletters.
- Maintain publication Web sites to ensure content is posted regularly and sites are constantly refreshed.
- Work closely with editors to enforce style guidelines and format content so it is appealing to readers and optimized for search.
- Actively engage and build audiences through social media.
- Collect and analyze data on content performance and provide updates and recommendations to other team members on how to enhance performance.
- Report and write timely and engaging features and news stories as assigned by group editors.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or English.
- Experience in online media, knowledge of content management systems, and basic HTML.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Social media savvy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance.
- Knowledge of the marketing and/or retail industry preferred but not necessary.
- Positive attitude, outgoing personality, "Fierce" work ethic.
- Knowledge of the retail industry or experience writing for a B2B audience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Base salary + performance bonus in line with experience and expertise.
- Results-driven environment where your achievements will be recognized.
- A fun, energetic workplace.
Come join our talented and Fierce team! Email your cover letter and resume to Laura Heller at email@example.com.
Learn more about FierceMarkets at www.fiercemarkets.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2015