Opening in: Online Media
AlleyWatch Copy Editor Internship Program
AlleyWatch, a leading media entity commited to the advancement of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, is looking for a detail-oriented candidate with a passion for journalism to take part in a copy-editing internship program. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to gain exposure to the day-to-day responsibilities of running an online publication. AlleyWatch is currently being read in 200+ countries with a highly influential, affluent and educated audience consisting of venture capitalists, angel investors, entrepreneurs, accelerators, startup employees, thought leaders, event organizers, corporate executives, academics, city officials, PR/press and tech enthusiasts.
The copy-editing program is designed for journalism students and recent graduates with either a college or an advanced education degree. Candidates with other majors will be considered if they have demonstrated previous journalism or copy editing experience. All applicants will be expected to successfully complete a copy-editing test.
· Review, monitor and revise content to ensure it is ready for publication and conforms to AlleyWatch standards.
· Assist in ensuring that all necessary assets are in place for publication.
· Log and track content through various stages of the publishing pipeline.
· Interns will have the opportunity to produce some original content.
· Interns may pitch articles and will receive a byline if the article is published.
· Have an interest in the startup and technology landscape
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially word and excel)
· General web proficiency
· Must be able to commit a minimum of 15 hours per week to the internship for a period of at least 17 weeks.
While the company is based in New York City, AW copy editing interns work remotely under the supervision of an editor. Scheduling is flexible as long as program requirements are met. NYC, DC, and LA-based candidates may have the opportunity to attend industry events. Course credit is available to all successful applicants and paid opportunities may be available for the most successful candidates at the end of the program. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to improve their resume working for a publication building a tremendous amount of traction in a highly desirable vertical.