Opening in Magazines/Publishing
True North Custom provides strategic marketing solutions for more than 400 hospitals and health systems nationwide. Through consumer marketing, physician communications, and internal communications, we help clients target audiences with a marketing message to move them to action and measure the results.
Our approach to strategy is built around three primary services—modeling, marketing, and measurement—that provide a comprehensive approach to healthcare marketing and communications.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work options
- A customer-centric culture that embraces excellence, urgency, diversity, creativity, open communication, and a collaborative environment that fosters mutual respect and enhanced results
- Cultivation of each team member’s talent and leadership abilities through continuing education, and a commitment to offering opportunities for internal career growth. We encourage and embrace new ideas and perspective from every member of our team.
We are seeking an experienced Editor to strategize with clients as an editorial expert to create content that advances marketing goals and initiatives and successfully drives ROI for our clients.
Editors develop an intimate understanding of each client’s business initiatives, competitive challenges, and target audience to ensure the content True North produces utilizes the right voice, tone, and readership levels to effectively reach their intended audiences. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining a deep and current understanding of the custom media and healthcare industries and a comprehensive knowledge of True North’s products and services
- Strategizing with Designers and Account Managers to create and produce effective marketing products that are consistent with our clients’ brand standards and facility objectives
- Serving as a client’s point of contact for editorial content expectations, needs, and discussions
- Providing copywriters with a strategic understanding of each assigned article and how it fits into the overall product objective, as well as each client’s marketing plan
- Mentoring copywriters to help them continuously improve and enhance their writing skills by offering insight, assistance, and explanation for revisions
- Assigning, writing, and editing copy to ensure it meets True North’s standards of excellence
- Managing the editorial process and deadlines for projects
- 7+ years of editing experience, with preferred focus in the healthcare industry
- Ability to strategize with clients to create targeted content for each project
- Positive, energetic, motivated personality
- Strong and sophisticated written and verbal communication skills
- Refined attention to detail, organizational skills, and an eye for consistency
- Ability to multitask and perform in high-pressure situations under tight deadlines
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- National travel as necessary to visit clients
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Residency in or relocation to the Chattanooga, Tenn., area
No phone calls, please.