Opening in: Magazines/Publishing
10 Missions Media, LLC is looking for a business-minded journalist with sharp reporting and writing skills to join our award-winning team producing two national magazines serving the automotive service and repair industry.
We are a youthful, progressive and growing business-to-business publishing company. Our publications are FenderBender, which serves roughly 50,000 owners and operators of collision repair facilities, and Ratchet+Wrench, which serves roughly 100,000 operators of mechanical auto repair shops. We tell inspirational, informative stories about the successes, struggles and strategic growth of auto repair facilities, with the aim of helping our readers grow their businesses.
Before you draw any conclusions, we do not produce stodgy, outdated shop magazines. Our publications are the most progressive in the industry, featuring fresh, modern designs and high-quality editorial content that blows away the competition.
Interest in the automotive industry is a plus, but this position does not require advanced automotive or technical knowledge. If you're an aggressive reporter who is eager to learn about a new industry and make a real difference in the lives of readers, this job is for you.
The ideal candidate has:
• Experience in business journalism, including qualified internships at business publications
• A B.A. in journalism, English, business, or related field
• A strong interest in social media, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
• The ability to self-direct, work independently, and meet deadlines
The reporter will:
• Stay on top of industry issues and trends
• Concept, report and write stories for print and online, following AP style and meeting firm deadlines
• Build a source list of industry contacts to be mined for story ideas and expert commentary
To learn about some of our recent accomplishments, see what other publications and media organizations are saying about us:
Please send your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three of your most impressive clips to Jake Weyer, editor, at email@example.com. Please include salary requirments.